Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA)
SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #2
FOR:Tropical Depression Auring ()
Tropical Cyclone: WARNING
ISSUED AT:5:00 PM, 07 January 2017
TROPICAL DEPRESSION “AURING” HAS SLIGHTLY INTENSIFIED AS IT CONTINUES TO MOVE IN A WEST NORTHWEST DIRECTION
- Estimated rainfall amount is from moderate to heavy within 300 km diameter of the Tropical Depression.
- Residents of areas with TCWS #1 and over the rest of Davao Region and of Northern Mindanao are alerted against possible flash floods and landslides.
- Expected to make landfall over Surigao Provinces between Sunday evening until Monday early morning.
- Fisherfolks and those with small seacrafts are advised not to venture out over the eastern seaboard of Mindanao.
Location of eye/center:
- At 4:00 PM today, the center of Tropical Depression “AURING” was estimated based on all available data at 185 km East of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur (08.1 °N, 128.0 °E)
- Maximum sustained winds of 55 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 70 kph
- Forecast to move West Northwest at 7 kph
- 24 Hour( Tomorrow afternoon): 85 km East Northeast of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur (08.7°N, 127.0 °E)
- 48 Hour(Monday afternoon):In the vicinity of Masao, Butuan City (09.0°N, 125.5°E)
- 72 Hour(Tuesday afternoon): 145 km West of Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental (09.3°N, 122.0°E)
- 96 Hour(Wednesday afternoon):50 km Northwest of Puerto Princesa City, Palawan (10.0°N, 118.4°E)
- 120 Hour(Thursday afternoon):65 km South Southwest of Pagasa Island, Palawan (OUTSIDE PAR) (10.5°N, 113.8°E)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING SIGNAL: #1 (30-60kph expected in 36 hrs)
Agusan del Sur, Agusan del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Surigao del Norte, Dinagat Province, Misamis Oriental, Camiguin, Davao del Norte, and Compostela Valley.
Wave Height: (Open Sea) 1.25-4.0 meters
Mines and Geosciences Bureau Region 10 (Northern Mindanao)
Issued at 5:00 P.M., 07 January 2017
The Provincial, City, and Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Councils (P/C/MDRRMCs) and Barangay Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Committees (BDRRMCs) are kindly advised to be vigilant and to take precautionary measures.
Everyone is advised to keep informed on the latest weather bulletin.
Thank you very much.